Pages

A-Derma Rheacalm Soothing Eye Contour


Two summers ago I found out (in a really cruel way) that I was having an allergic reaction to something I was applying on or around my eyes. Whenever I would put on make up I would get itchy, stingy, red, puffy eyes for at least a week and nothing could make it better. The only thing that worked were antibiotic eye drops, which I obviously couldn't use for more than once. I spend about 4 months trying to figure out with the trial-and-error method what was causing this allergic reaction. At this point my eyes were suffering from puffing and de-puffing (yay for my accumulated under eye wrinkles! -_-). I had to do something about it. I tried cold chamomile compresses and various drugstore products, but nothing really gave me the relief I was desperately searching for.
Until one day I was browsing around the isles of my local drugstrore and found this eye cream for reactive skin by A-Derma. It claimed that it soothes the skin around the eyes, helps with dark circles and even helps with the intolerance of the skin in the long run. I thought to myself if it does half of what it claims, I would be totally happy, so I grabbed it immediately. I went straight home and tried it and boy did it work! From the first second I applied it around my eyes the burning was gone and instead I felt a soothing sensation. How on earth can a product that is used externally cool down my eyeball? I was pleasantly surprised and I started using it two times a day. I don't know whether or not it helped with the actual swelling but it sure was a relief. Also, I noticed that in about two weeks of use my dark circles were visibly decreased. 
I eventually figured out that the allergy was caused by drugstore make up brands (bye bye my beloved maybelline mascaras, boo hoo), so I stopped using them around my eyes. I still use this eye cream and I think I'll do for the rest of my life, even though my eye problem is gone. I think that Rheacalm has helped with the intolerance of my skin as well. Sometimes, when my eyes get irritated from a product I used, the symptoms are not nearly as severe as they used to. The swelling now goes down in about two days. 
It's such a good eye cream and I have repurchased it 3 times already. I use other eye creams as well (my skin is the type that gets used to products, so I'm always switching up my skincare), but I always come back to this one. The price tag isn't heavy, it costs around 13€. If you have reactive or sensitive skin give it a try. It might work for you too. 
If you have any other good eye cream recommendations let me know, as well. I'm always interested in trying new products.

Love, 
Marg x

My Glittery Sky

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram